50+ Job Seekers Networking Group
POSTED ON: December 15, 2022
The Massachusetts Library Collaborative's 50+ Job Seekers Group meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 6-8 p.m., via Zoom. If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking a new career direction, re-entering the job market after a long employment gap, or recently retired and looking for your "Encore Career" this networking group program is perfect for you! Remember, 85% of jobs are found through networking!
Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Each meeting features a new topic. Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, small group breakout rooms to network, and 1-on-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search.
Each biweekly meeting is facilitated by Deborah Hope, MBA, PCIC, an experienced executive career coach. Deborah is a former Fortune 500 executive, investment banker and entrepreneur. She transitioned to executive coaching over 12 years ago. Deborah has coached with Harvard Business School Executive Education programs and the Massachusetts Conference for Women. She has been trained or certified in a variety of coaching models and assessment tools. Deborah has facilitated 50+ job seekers networking groups since 2016.
This group is sponsored by more than 60 Massachusetts public libraries, including the Bolton Public Library, and hosted by Tewksbury Public Library.
1. Jan. 4 & 11: Self-Assessment/Transferrable Skills
2. Jan. 18 & 25: Your "Career Story” Pitch
3. Feb. 1 & 8: Marketing Plan/Marketing Brief
4. Feb. 15 & 22: Applications/Cover Letters
5. Mar. 1 & 8: Developing A Resume – Part 1
6. Mar. 15 & 22: Developing A Resume – Part 2
7. Apr. 5 & 12: Creating A LinkedIn Profile
8. Apr. 19 & 26: LinkedIn – Personal Branding
9. May 3 & 10: Interview Preparation/Strategy
10. May 17 & 24: Interview Practice
11. Jun. 7 & 14: Hiring Employer Event
12. Jun. 21 & 28: Networking 2.0 – Give To Get!
Register for Wednesday morning sessions at tinyurl.com/5n76x3vk.
Register for Wednesday evening sessions at tinyurl.com/4wd8a8jh.